Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My love and empathy goes out to Demi and everyone who is dealing with eating disorders and/or self-injury.

I heard about Demi and the issues that she is currently dealing with. Because I connect with what she is going through, I thought I would write a letter to her. I'm not sending it to her, but I wanted to write it anyways. Also, it makes me a little sad that when Demi has eating issues or cutting issues, everyone is so loving, but when it comes to me, people are judging and unsympathetic. People are so judgmental when they see the scars on my arm, yet they share love to Demi. I think that Demi definitely deserves all of the love heading her way, my point is just that if you see that a friend of yours has scars on her arms, share love with her too. You don't know how much she might need you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dear Demi,

I sure hope you get to read this, it would mean a lot to me if you did. I’m writing to you because I just heard that you’ve been dealing with cutting and with an eating disorder. It hurts my soul so much to hear this, and it hits me right in the heart. I started crying the second I read an article about you going to get help. I am 17 years old and I've been dealing with an eating disorder and self-injury for quite some time now, since I was about 15 I think. Nobody would ever suspect it because I am an average-sized girl, and I never show any signs of getting anxiety about my body or my life. I've never told anyone about it before or made it apparent that I've been dealing with such issues, but I thought I would let you know that you aren't alone, and it makes me feel so much less alone to know that you and I are similar in this respect.

I can't imagine what it would possibly be like to have to deal with these things all while under the pressures of the spotlight, I really can't. You are so strong and beautiful and I know that things will improve! I really relate to you, and you are in my prayers because you have the exact same issues that I have, and every fiber of my being empathizes with how you are feeling. I wish I was strong enough to get help sometimes, I wish that I could come forward and talk about how much pain I am in sometimes. I wish I could share how my body aches from the inside out, and after a day of purging, I just want to slip away. I wish that someone could understand how I don't want to hurt myself, and how I don't want to die.

I respect you so much, Demi, and I wish that this didn't have to be so publicized, because I don't think that all of this media attention is helpful to you. I wish I could be friends with you so that I could have someone to relate to. I've always looked up to you and wanted to be like you because you are so talented, beautiful, outgoing, and you are helpful to kids being bullied in school. I know we will never get to meet and you will never read this letter, but please know that you are beautiful and strong, and we will all be alright.


So so so much love is going your way,
Gypsy

- - - - - - - - - - -

You guys have no idea how much less alone I feel right now. I feel like I'm not a freak.






YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, DEMI!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment